| Controlling Sonos speakers: SonosController 1.1 (OS3/4, MorphOS)|
Known for his workbench simulation TAWS, Michael Rupp had released his first Amiga program at the beginning of August, which is used to control Sonos speakers: SonosController (amiga-news.de reported). Now he has released version 1.1 for his program written in the programming language Hollywood, which for the first time is available for AmigaOS 3 in addition to AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS and includes the following changes:
- NEW: first release for AmigaOS 3.x besides 4.1 and MorphOS
- NEW: lots of performance improvements to make it usable on a 68060 cpu, resulting in being blazingly fast on PPC-Amigas.
- NEW: MUI 3.8 compatibility (instead of 5.0)
- NEW: zones (= rooms) are now saved in the config file so when starting the app the next time no network scan is necessary, resulting in a much quicker startup.
- NEW: to save on network traffic and CPU load, loading of the current queue can now be deactivated in the Preferences.
- NEW: network scan can now be cancelled and it's no longer possible to start a second scan while one is already running (this led to speakers being listed multiple times in v1.0).
- NEW: queue lists are now cached in memory and are only reloaded if a change has been reported by the according UPNP event.
- NEW: various zone values are now cached in memory and are no longer reloaded when switching between zones.
- NEW: loading of album art for radio stations
- NEW: timeout for UPNP subscription has been increased from 10 minutes to 1 hour (same as with the original Sonos app).
- NEW: added progress in percent while loading a list in the music source
- NEW: added the possibility to cancel loading a list in the music source
- NEW: "Settings" menu to accomodate the menuitems "Preferences..." and "MUI..."
- NEW: "About MUI..." menuitem to follow the MUI styleguide
- CHANGED: shortcuts for "Next" / "Previous" from Ctrl-LEFT/RIGHT to Alt-LEFT/RIGHT because on an Amiga keyboard the Ctrl key is quite far away from the cursor keys.
- REMOVED: browsing the music library by song: it was useless and took ages, it's much better to use the search instead.
- FIXED: renewal of UPNP subscription as well as unsubscription
- FIXED: TV input is now handled correctly.
- FIXED: improved handling when clicking like mad into the track position slider.
- FIXED: disable play button if action "Play" is not available
- FIXED: lots of minor bugfixes
[News message: 28. Sep. 2021, 06:32] [Comments: 0]
[Send via e-mail] [Print version] [ASCII version]